Many of our clients are buzzing about using Pintrest. We’re not ones to fall victim to the “bright and shiny object” syndrome, so we carefully vet each “next big thing” before recommending it to our client’s as part of their strategy. What did we find? That Pintrest is a viable avenue to drive website traffic, increase SEO value and ultimately appeal to many vertical markets. The bottom line? We think it can help your business.
Here’s how to make the most of it:
1) Add the “PinIt” button to your blog or website: Let’s start with simple first. Add a Pintrest “Pin It” button to your blog, like we did for a client here. Make it easy for your readers to show you off.
2) Use hash tags: Just like you would on Twitter, use hash tags on Pintrest to tag the topics of your pin and generate more exposure from followers.
3) Utilize the crowd: Pintrest has terrific collaborative functionality, called the “me+contributor” posting capability. This allows you to have others to contribute to your boards – it is like they are pushing the content for you!
4) Drive traffic: You can drive traffic to your website or blog (yes – even B2B companies) by getting creative with your use of Pintrest. It doesn’t all have to be stilettos and cookie recipes! Drive traffic by creating charts to share industry statistics, designing eye-catching info graphics and always including an image along with your blog. (The latest Mashable statistic shows that Pintrest increased one B2B’s traffic by 289%)
5) Pin regularly: Pin new content and maintain your Pintrest boards regularly to help you stay on top in the search results. Utilize your Virtual Assistant team for this. Need ideas on what to pin – other than your own content? For B2B companies, think: success quotes, industry statistics, case studies, etc.